Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's snowing Tips for living in a snowy state.

Living in Michigan for over 30+ years, you'll think that I would be use to seeing snow this time of year. If I were a child I wouldn't mind, but as I am getting older I am growing more tired of it. Luckily, I have my soaping and candle projects to keep me busy this time of year.

At least the winter is good for something. When you're dealing with your lye solution for cp or hp soap, that is Hot Process and Cold Process, it takes a while to cool down. It can reach up to 200 degrees. When it's cold like this outside, with a top on the container and a watchful eye, I like to set the lye water outside. It cools the lye water down fast!!  No more ice bath, we have snow and cold weather :0).

No comments:

Post a Comment